Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A parody of "You Belong with Me"

You’re on chat with your girlfriend, you’re upset,
You two can’t seem to find the two x-intercepts,
Because she doesn’t excel at math like I do.

I’m in my room,
It’s a typical Tuesday night,
I’m playing the RPG's she doesn’t like,
And she’ll never read webcomics like I do.

But she wears Hollister, I wear t-shirts,
She was in the school play, and I look awkward,
Thinking about the day when you finally realize
What you’re looking for was ‘xkcd’ this whole time.

If you could see that I’m the one who always helps you
With your science and sometimes with your math too, just see-e-e
Y0u b310n6 w17h m3
Y0u b310n6 w17h m3

Walk down the hall with you and your Levi’s jeans,
I can’t help smirking just a little bit geekily,
Reading 1984, thinking to myself,
“Hey isn’t this easy?”

And you have a smile that can light up this whole hall,
I haven’t seen it in awhile because I’m not that tall,
You say you have an ‘A’ I know you better than that,
Hey what are you doing with a girl like that?

But she wears lip gloss; I’m too lazy to,
She was in the school play and her current GPA is 2
I’m thinking about the day when you finally realize,
What you’re looking for was a ninja this whole time.

If you could see that I’m the one who always helps you
With your science and sometimes with your math too, if you could see-e-e,
Y0u b310n6 w17h m3

Oh I remember you were facebook-chatting me in the middle of the night,
I’m the one who calms you down when you think your grade will die,
I know your favorite bands, your nerdy quirks and favorite songs,
It’s on your Facebook wall and I’ve been checking all along.

If you see that I won’t try to understand you,
Too busy reading xkcd to see-e-e,
Y0u b310n6 w17h m3

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha good job pan! =D keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This parody makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... which I'm pretty sure isn't healthy.

    ReplyDelete